Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall Decor Home Tour 2013!

Hello Friends,

Fall has arrived...in Texas!  This time of year is probably my favorite for a variety of reasons. 


1)  The air is crisp and cool less humid, and there is a hint of spice and burning wood lingering everywhere.  (I'm counting the days until the first outside fire...and hot cocoa...and s'mores.)

2)  Burning candles add instant coziness to the house.

3)  Scarves make everything cuter.

4)  And adorable kids get to sit on bales of hay with scarecrows.  :)



Of course, my FAVORITE thing to do is DECORATE.  (Ok, seriously, I actually put out the fall decorations during Labor Day weekend, but you know...)

I thought I'd post a few pictures of the decor in my house and also link to the video of my house tour.
WARNING:  The video is the FIRST one I've ever made, so the quality is BAD.  I had no idea what I was doing.

That said, if you really like some of the things I've done, the video will give you more explanation on where I purchased things or why I arranged things a certain way.

FALL HOME TOUR VIDEO:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQRsc05-uN8

Enjoy, and happy decorating!  (And please, enjoy a mug of apple cider on your back porch for me.)

~Christy


Simple fall mantle with burlap leaves garlands (Hobby Lobby, approximately $15 per garland--two garlands pictured here)






Gotta love simple pumpkin displays.  (Stool purchased at Ross several years ago, less than $10)
Pottery Barn pillow cover.  Total steal on a "flash" website sale.  $14.99 per cover plus free S&H!  (Used a 20 inch pillow insert from the sofa throw pillows and stored the extra sofa pillow cover.)
Entry table subtly decorated for fall.
Hobby Lobby frames plus pieced together items to create the feather candle display.  Check out my video for the details.
Dining room table.  Almost all decor from TJ Max.
Halloween wreath!  It even has twinkling purple lights.  Total cost was $30 for all supplies.  TUTORIAL COMING UP ON HOW TO MAKE THIS!






No comments:

Post a Comment